Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Introducing Abby!

The long awaited day has finally arrived, and we are proud to introduce to the world Abby! She was born on Tuesday March 17th, St. Patrick's Day! Peggy began having some contractions around 11:00 Monday night, and we made our way to the hospital around 4 in the morning. By about 6:30 a.m. Peggy wanted to start pushing, but we were trying to wait for our doctor, who wouldn't be at the hospital until 7:00. Luckily he arrived shortly after 7:00, and after a relatively short labor (I can call it short as the Dad) Abby was delivered at 8:09! Peggy delivered Abby completely naturally, and she did an awesome job. She is 20 inches long, weighs 8 lbs. 13 oz., and she is absolutely perfect according to her parents! Below are some pictures and a short video of our new daughter!


Abby and a happy Peggy.

Abby checking out her surroundings.

Abby and Dad showing off.


Putting Abby back to sleep.




Here is Abby letting us know she's hungry.

6 comments:

  1. Peggy and Grant - Abby is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I am so happy she is finally here. Girls are so very special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! She is SO cute! And look at all that hair! Wowza! I think she looks very much like a Stoner... maybe the most like Rick. Anyway, congratulations you two, she is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie!!! Mark and I wish you guys all the best. Also, his parents and my parents say hello and congrats. She is so adorable and I know you two will be wonderful parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peggy she is very pretty and she has lots of beautiful hair. Congradulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How precious! Congratulations! Hopefully she gets to keep all that hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! She is beautiful :)!

    ReplyDelete