Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sewing- Knot Tie Dress

When looking through some local boutique stores for outfits for the kids' pictures I found some really cute dresses, but I was blown away by the prices. I have a hard time spending $40-$60+ dollars on a top or dress for myself, so there was no way that I could reason spending that much on an outfit that will quickly be outgrown. Plus many of the outfits I think I can make myself, the problem is finding time.

After a trip to the fabric store I found a pattern for a knot tie dress that looked pretty simple. I bought the pattern and fabric at Joanne's, thanks to the $.99 pattern sale and some coupons, I was able to get all the necessary materials for around $15 dollars.

For the past several weeks when I had a spare moment or two I would work on the dress. Really this dress is quite simple and could be made in an afternoon, not that I'll have one to spare any time in the near future so my projects will just take a bit longer.



Here is the top of the dress. I added the strip of fabric and ribbon to give the top extra detail, it looked too plain without it. I also like how it connects the bottom of the dress to the top.



The almost finished product, I just needed to add button holes.



Here, my active 4 year old models the final product.

The plan now is to make some matching pants using the same fabric for Reese. Maybe in a month or two I will accomplish this goal!

-Peggy

2 comments:

  1. Super adorable! And how do you have time to do all that with a new baby, crazy lady!! :)

    ReplyDelete