Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Two Week Check Up




This sweet girl had her two week check up yesterday. She is a sleepy baby. For most feelings I need to wake her up, so I was a bit concerned if she was gaining weight like she should. As most newborn mothers I was finding something to stress about when there was no need. She is up to 8 lbs 3 oz, past her birth weight of 7 lbs 8 oz which they like to see the baby be back to at this point. Very thankful to have a good check up.

Reese continues to be a sweet mellow baby. For the most part she is a good sleeper and is a fantastic nurser. She has times when she has gas pains, so hard to see her uncomfortable. But I usually can get her to calm down by holding her, I of course don't mind sweet cuddles.

Abby and Isaac, for the most part, have adjusted to their sister. This is in large part to the wonderful friends and family that have helped Grant and I out by helping keep the older two on their normal schedules. Abby has still attended weekly story time at the library with Ms. Erin. Which is always a highlight for her. While Isaac has enjoyed a good amount of outside play time and bookworms story time, which he absolutely loves. Making sure they have their special activities, I believe, has really helped them in adjusting to the changes of bringing home a new baby. It lets them know that although things have changed they still are important and will continue to have their special activities. Once Reese is a bit older and we feel comfortable bringing her out of the house more I look forward to being able to bring Abby and Isaac to their activities.

I just need to build myself up to be brave enough to venture out with all three on my own.

Until I'm at that point we'll probably just stick around the house doing fun activities like playing in the back yard and painting.









-Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment