Today, four years ago I married my best friend. Here is the cliff note version of how we became us.
Who would have known that a school trip to Hawaii would have such an impact on ours lives? That's right, Grant and I met in Hawaii on our geology field trip in high school Fall of 2008. Thanks to Nikki's motivation to attend the trip I meet a wonderful guy! We hit it off in Hawaii, both being awkward and shy, we slowly started to date after the trip. Sadly he was a senior at the time and he headed off to the University of Wyoming the next fall. We kept the long distance relationship going by chatting on the computer most nights. The long distance relationship became more complicated when I decided to attend the University of Arkansas to pursue my swimming career. Free night and weekend minutes, as well as an understanding roommate, Thanks Susie, helped us get through the first year of true long distance.


The distance remained between us for four more years, until Grant moved out to Arkansas and got a job while I attended Grad School. What a wonderful thing it was to be together again. About a year after Grant moved, while on a hike at White Mountain (in Arkansas) Grant proposed. A year after that Grant and I return out west and I married the greatest man.
Grant and I have been through so much together, all of which have brought us closer together. There is not a better person I would choose to share the adventure of life with.
I had hoped to show a picture history of us unfortunately I had trouble recovering many photo easily so here is a very limited look at us.

The awkward first dance photo taken by the parents.
Us in Long Beach, CA at the Olympic Trials. Grant was wonderful as he was always there for my big swimming events.

Happy anniversary! You guys are a wonderful couple and great parents! Here's to many more years together!
ReplyDelete