We have been enjoying a busy summer. Two weeks ago we flew home for Grant's HS Reunion. We enjoyed getting to see friends and family although with it being such a quick trip we found we ran out of time, not getting to see everyone that we had hoped. Where does the time go?
Abby is a fantastic traveler! On our very first flight we were cutting it a little close (surprise, surprise), when flying Southwest this is not a good thing. We were, I believe, one of the last ones to board the full flight. So as I'm walking down the aisle with the baby only seeing middle seats I'm trying to scout out some friendly people who would be understanding. As I'm looking people are diverting their eyes probably thinking, "Oh please do not let me get stuck next to a crying baby." Finally I plopped down and got settled between a man who slept the whole way (taking up his seat and half of mine erg!) and a very kind lady who happened to be a grandmother and there for was very understanding. Abby only broke down for about 5 minutes take that sleeping guy who's intruding my bubble) the entire flight. That actually ended up being the only time she fussed, for the rest of the trip's flights she slept her way through them. This made Grant and I very happy. I only hope it goes this smoothly when fly home alone with her for my parent's Jimmy Buffet party later this month.
Below are some pictures from some summer events as well as our trip home.
While home it was Flaming Gorge Days. Like every small town festival they have a parade. Howard, who used to be a fire fighter, was invited to ride in the truck. He was up in front in the passenger seat while Grant was in the back waving out the window.
Abby, Sue, and I watched the parade. Abby was a fan till the fire truck came and scared her with the sirens....how rude :-)
As I got out of control taking picture of this cutie I believe the flash scared her causing her to pull out the pout before breaking into tears.
So your comment about them blowing the horn (how rude!) made me laugh. I used to get so mad when stuff like that would happen. Like if someone made a really loud noise somewhere or people would clap at church and wake up Lily. Not that the world revolves around me (it really doesn't!!) or that they were really being rude, but when you have a happy baby, or a baby that you just got to sleep, you can't help but be kind of mad at whoever sends her into a screaming fit!
ReplyDeleteGood job Abby rolling over! Yay! I didn't capture Lily's first roll-over either, but I did capture the aftermath which was her screaming because she HATED being on her tummy. It was funny.