Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!

Happy Father's Day to me!  I guess that is a little selfish, but it is my day after all so I should be entitled to be at least a little selfish.  Happy Father's Day to Abby's two Grandfathers as well, Pap-Pap (we decided we can't go with Geezer) and Howard (who hasn't decided on what he will be called).  There, that should at least partially save me for wishing myself a Happy Father's Day first.

Abby has had a great week, getting to spend a lot of time with Peggy's mom, or as Abby knows her, Nana.  Peggy went to a week long seminar for school this past week, so Nana flew down to be a babysitter for the week week.  Everything went well for all parties involved.  Nana seemed to really enjoy having the one-on-one time with Abby everyday.  Peggy left around 7:30 and was back home by 4:00 most days, and she survived being away from her baby girl for that long each day for five days in a row!  Now things have returned to normal, Nana flew back home yesterday, and we are gearing up for the week ahead.  

Next week will end with Abby's first plane ride, as we are all flying from Tulsa to Salt Lake City so that I can go to my 10 year class reunion.  I was on the fence on whether I was going to go or not, but it will give Peggy and I a good chance to test our nerves and quite possibly have an entire plane full of people hate us because of our crying baby.  In the end, who could pass up an opportunity like that!

On to the pics!

Here is Abby giving me my first Father's Day card!  We're both pretty excited about it!
Here is Abby looking pretty cute. (Which is a pretty normal thing for her to do!)
Here's a nice, happy, smiling baby!
In this video, she is talking to her zebra, until she realizes she's on camera, then she gets a little shy.
I think she is trying to do some crunches here, but she doesn't quite have the concept down.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Father's Day Grant!! Abby is just too cute for her own good! I love the second and third pictures down. She has such a cute little face. And her talking to her zebra is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete