Sunday, July 19, 2009

Rollin', Rollin', Rolling

That's right Abby is officially a roller! From both stomach to back and now back to stomach. Two nights ago I awoke in the middle of the night to find Abby as you see her below.  As it is not recommended for babies to sleep on their bellies I rolled her back to her back.  She clearly thought that her stomach was more comfortable and proceeded to flip back to the same spot.  I didn't sleep as well the rest of the night as I felt the need to check and make sure she was alright every so often.  I felt much better about her being in that position when I saw her flip back to her back on her own several times. The picture of Abby below is from a nap she took the next day in her new favorite position.

This video is from earlier tonight.  In it Abby flips all the way from her back to her stomach. She still continues to be a girl who loves to be on the move.  If she has it her way it won't be long before she can start to move herself around on her own. I'm hoping we still have a little bit of time before this happens. 


1 comment:

  1. She's a rolly polly Abby-ollie! Yeah it's kind of nerve-wracking when they get on their tummy and you have the whole 'back to sleep' thing running through your head. But I'm glad she can roll the other way too since it will give you a little peace of mind!

    ReplyDelete