Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sleep, How I Miss You!

Abby is four weeks old, as of yesterday.  We continue to work on the sleep issue. This week has been a little rough on Sunday and Monday nights I only got around 2 1/2 hours of sleep. I'm learning the hard way that you truly do need to sleep when the baby sleeps instead of trying to get other things done, otherwise you don't get sleep.  

Last night though was a much needed break!  We had a fantastic dinner at some friends house and Abby was fascinated by the new surroundings. She was up for about 2 1/2 hours (probably one of her longest awake stretches so far!!!).  It paid off, I got a 4 1/2 hour stretch of wonderful sleep .  I remain hopeful that we will have an awake day so tonight may repeat last night.

When Abby is awake she is so much more alert.  She looks as though she focusing on things, where early on her eye would be open but there wasn't purpose behind them.  She is especially fascinated by fans and windows.  

Here are some new pictures of little Abby.
 Allie decided she needed to be in this picture as well.

Abby is ready for summer.

Abby throughly enjoying Easter.

I love the silly faces that she makes.

This one somewhat looks like a smile, although truthfully I think she was just about to cry here. She was done with pictures.



Also here is a short clip of Abby looking around. Notice at one point she follows the camera as I move it.


2 comments:

  1. I love those little newborn movements where she is constantly in motion, but doesn't necessarily intend to be. So cute! And boy oh boy does that girl have a lot of hair! What a cutie pie! Good luck getting more sleep. 4.5 hours is a great start! And maybe after being so well rested, she'll stay up more the next day, and then sleep longer that night and so on from now on! Maybe you just need to visit a new friend every day so she's always stimulated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so beautiful!!! Don't be ashamed to catch a nap whenever you can!!! Give her a hug and kiss from me.

    ReplyDelete