Saturday, December 12, 2009

Diaper Rash Blues

We have been fighting a diaper rash for the last week and a half. We ended up at the doctors to get some medicated cream which is finally clearing things up thankfully, unfortunately that is not before several other attempts at trying to clear things up.

Grant and I discussed several things that we could try since the layering on the Desitin was not doing the trick. Well we thought taking our time to change diapers would help air out. After telling this to my father he laughed as he replied saying that would do nothing. For things to really to dry out she needed to be hanging out sans diaper for hours. So we went to taking a nap without a diaper. After a fairly large diaper deposit before a nap I thought it would be a good time. We layered the crib with waterproof pads and laid her down. She drifted off to the dream world or so we thought until 15 minutes later there was an urgent crying escaping from her room. We quickly went to check on her to discover she was indeed not done depositing and had finished her business then proceeded to spread the mess around the crib. I'm sure mental images are enough, there will be no posting of pictures of this terrible mess. A bath and thorough crib cleaning followed.

Did we learn out lesson with this....NO.

The diaper rash continued. So after returning home from school Abby had fallen asleep I was again thought this to be a good time to dediaper our baby. After successfully getting her into the crib without waking Sweet Abby D, I took off her pants and diaper without waking her! 5 minutes later I peeked my head into the room to check on my sleeping girl, I was greeted by a smiling baby standing holding onto the edge of her crib...... happily peeing all over the place.

My lesson learned from this adventure, if you would like to call it that, is solving diaper rashes for Abby is best to do with keeping her diaper on!

Here are some photos to showing Abby enjoying the Christmas season!

These first few pictures of our family at Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO. They decorate their park with over 4 million Christmas lights for the holidays!




Grant's mom came down for Thanksgiving, and helped Abby decorate the Christmas tree!



Lastly, here is Abby doing her best reindeer impersonation!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how I hate diaper rash! Desitin never worked well for us either. The A&D stuff worked a little better, but as far as ointments go, the lanolin that you put on your *ahem* breasts seemed to work the best for Lily. But you're right, airing her out was the best option. Your story is way funnier than ours, though... Lily had no airing-out accidents! Below is our post (and pictures) of Lily's airing out episode.

    Abby is still so super cute. Is it possible that she gets cuter every day? It must be!

    http://alysonklein.blogspot.com/2008/09/tips-to-save-money.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olive oil was the only thing that would get rid of Hailey's terrible diaper rash. It sounds hoky but our ped. recommended it and it worked so I am not going to knock it! Seriously, we tried every cream there is out there. Hope it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm... I'll bet Hailey's bottom smelled delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will have to give it a try. It was getting better but today it flared up again :-(

    ReplyDelete