Since the summer is sadly coming to an end I'm doing a picture post to catch up on what we have been up to.

Grant and Ricky after racing the go-carts on Grant's Birthday on July 21st.

The happy family just before diving into Grant's Birthday cake from Ricks...Yum!

After returning home after some errands. Abby's way of telling me, "Mom I'm worn out and need to rest a bit."

Sue and Howard came out for about two weeks at the end of July. While Grant and his dad went for a Saturday breakfast together, Sue, Abby, and I enjoyed getting some fresh produce at the Farmer's Market and then visiting the Botanical Gardens of the Ozarks to see the beautiful flowers.

Abby enjoying her toes as she posses on the quilt Jackie Rockhold made for her.

Nana and Abby enjoying the Arts Festival in Park City, UT the first week in August. This was my first time flying solo with Abby, without the help of Dad. Although I was pretty stressed about it, everything went very smoothly. Little did I know the adventure was yet to come!

Abby's first ride on a chair lift at Deer Valley where we heading for a short hike while my brothers and dad mountain biked. It was fun to get to be with the entire family. We were all out in Park City for my parents annual Jimmy Buffett Party.

Abby and I up on top of the mountain...it was quite the view.

Back home after our travels out west Abby is enjoying her first time in her high chair. Going off what we have read we are starting to put her in it when we eat to get her ready for eating solids. Notice the position of the dogs. Although we have not introduced foods to Abby yet the dogs seem to know what will soon become a good food source for them!

Irene, Leah, Abby, and I enjoying the last concert in the park of the summer. I am so sad to see these end. They have made for good times!

Abby meeting her Great Grandfather Bowden for the first time. Abby has become quite the traveler. After this trip Abby has been in 10 states: Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, Tennessee, North Carolina, Michigan.

Abby's first time in a big pool. She was not quite sure about floating on her back.

She loved this little boat we found.

Four generations.

I had set Abby down with her doll while I went to wash my hands when I came back Abby was holding the doll's hand, too cute! She has become fascinated with faces. She gets a kick out of watching the other kids play at daycare.
Yes, with the mention of daycare the summer has ended and it is time to head back to school. I find myself torn about this. I am very excited to get back in the classroom and get a new year under way and yet I am heart broken about having to be away from Abby. Teacher inservice started Wednesday so Abby has had a few days to get to know our wonderful daycare provider, Jennifer, and to met the other kids. It has not been easy but I know it will be better with time.
It looks like Abby has had quite the summer! I think the sleepy eye-rub picture and the high chair picture are my favorite. It doesn't take dogs too long to figure out where the good stuff is. And I'm sure that Abby will try to bribe them to be her friend by feeding them lots of Cheerios! Good luck with school. You'll do great!
ReplyDelete