Saturday, May 30, 2009

Cheers to Good Friends

This past week Alyson, Jim, and their daughter Lily came to visit us.  Alyson and I have been friends since 5th grade. She went to college in Oklahoma City so we got to see each other every so often during our college years. About 3 years ago she and Jim moved out to Idaho so sadly we don't get to see each other very often now.  The last time we saw each other was up in Seattle just before Lily was born, so we were very much looking forward to their visit.

During their visit we had constant entertainment from Lily who is 14 months old.  She is a girl on the move.  We quickly learned we have a lot of child proofing to do with our house. We would move one thing out of Lily's reach just as she would discover something new that we had missed.  Its amazing how much a baby will grow in a year, I find it very hard to believe Abby will just as mobile and interactive in a year from now.


Our happy girl showing off her favorite thing to do lately, watch Mom and Dad make goofy faces which she can smile at.

Abby and I checking out the wild animals at Wild Wildness drive-thru Safari.  We saw all kinds of exciting animals from monkeys to lion, tigers, and bears (oh my).

What were we thinking... I'm not sure but we thought it would be a funny picture.  

Abby's new friend Lily, who is just a bit bigger than her.

Abby just plain tuckered out after having a good 'ol time with the Kleins.


And now a couple of short clips:

This first one captures Abby showing off her smile.

I think we enjoyed the slide a little more than the girls.

3 comments:

  1. I cannot tell you how glad I am that you two have remained friends for so long. I could not have hand-picked a better person for Alyson's best friend all these years. Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! We had SO much fun with you guys. It was so great to meet Abby and spend time with the two of you. You guys are awesome parents, and Abby is such a sweet little baby. We'll have to get together again sometime soon because it was just too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your pictures look so great! I hope you are getting some sleep now! Congrats on the beautiful baby girl!
    -LZ

    ReplyDelete