Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ready or Not!

Yesterday we had the first of our weekly visits to the doctor.  Much to her procrastinating parents surprise, it is looking as though Abby will be here sooner than expected.  Her due date is March 17th, but yesterday when the doctor checked my cervix I was 70% effaced and 2-3 centimeters dilated already! This was quite the shocker.  Now it is very common to stay this way for several weeks, but the doctor said that it was very unlikely that Abby will be waiting around till her due date.  He said that he thinks it still might be two more weeks, but you never know he could be seeing me tomorrow morning.  

Well the good news is that its tomorrow morning right now and I'm not seeing him. Ideally we would like Abby to "cook" just a bit longer, but we are very excited to possibly be meeting Abby a little sooner than expected.  The challenge now is trying to tackle everything on my to do list before she arrives, I was counting on those four weeks. :-) I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. I hope Abby hangs on until she's good and ready, but I'm excited that you may get to see your little sweetie sooner than expected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy Congradulations on the new baby. I bet that you are excited and ready to get the baby here and be able to enjoy her. Keep everyone updated. Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete